In her Own League by Liz Tomforde - This book is for you if you love a woman in power and a man who isn't afraid to show what he wants⚾🩷🧡










Rating: 5/5⭐


✨ A Soft Glimpse

A powerful FMC, an older man who knows exactly what he wants, forbidden romance, insane chemistry, and two people who were basically doomed to fall for each other from the moment they met?

Yeah.

SIGN ME UP.


🌸 My Thoughts...

Because Liz Tomforde clearly looked at everything I love in a romance and decided to put it all into one book.

I thought this book would be everything I wanted...

But I was wrong.

It was everything I NEEDED.

And somehow, this has become another one of those books that immediately earned a spot in my reread pile because I would genuinely be INSANE if I didn't read it again.

Also, what's with me and books that have 5-star behaviour lately?

Because I have been getting spoiled with incredible reads and honestly?

I'm not complaining.

After a stressful few weeks and constantly trying to keep myself afloat, this book felt like one of those places I could escape to, rewind, and simply be myself for a while.

And Reese Remington and Emmet Montgomery?

THEY ATE.

THEY LEFT NO CRUMBS.

THEY WERE THE IT COUPLE.

The chemistry between Reese and Emmet was EVERYTHING.

One of them lived her entire life for other people, while the other believed that being with someone always came with expectations attached.

And somehow, the universe looked at these two and said:

"Yeah. You two need each other."

Because the gravitational pull between them was impossible to ignore.

I've always loved Emmet's character from Caught Up. He was broody, selfless, and quietly caring, so getting the chance to actually see more of him had me absolutely hooked.

And Reese?

I already knew I was going to love her after getting little glimpses of her in Play Along, but reading her own story took it to a completely different level.

She is the definition of POWER.

She could walk into a room and somehow make everyone understand who the boss was without even saying a word.

And honestly?

I LOVE HER. 


💞 What Made Me Swoon

Emmet Montgomery.

THE MAN YOU ARE.

I couldn't find a single thing this man did that wasn't either hot, wholesome, or completely swoon-worthy.

And I'm going to say it again because apparently I need to remind myself:

IT'S ALWAYS THE OLDER MAN, Y'ALL.

Because this man came in with REAL MAN energy and proceeded to ruin my standards even further.

Sir casually said:

"Can't help it, I guess. I think we both know I'd do anything for you."

HELL.

YEAHHHH.

But what got me wasn't just what he said.

It was the fact that he proved it through his actions.

The way he was always there for Reese.

The way he stood beside her whether she needed someone to speak loudly for her or simply someone quietly standing beside her.

The way he understood her without forcing her to explain herself.

The way he believed in her even when she doubted herself.

The way being with her simply felt normal to him.

Like this was where he was always supposed to be.

And then there was the gravitational pull.

Because this man could try to resist all he wanted, but he was never escaping Reese.

It was obvious from DAY ONE that this man was either already down bad or actively getting there.

And honestly?

It's technically hard NOT to fall for Reese.

The way he wanted to be bossed around by her?

THE WAY HE SAID—

"I lift heavy for a reason."

I—

😳

The audible gasp that escaped me should honestly be studied.

And don't even get me started on the spice.

THE MOUTH ON THIS MAN.

I literally had to blame the heat whenever someone asked why I was red.

Because WHAT ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO SAY?

The spice was served.

And naturally?

I DEVOURRRRED.


🌹 Reese Remington, The Woman You Are

If I could have even half of Reese's personality, I would consider myself blessed.

This woman is THE GIRL BOSS.

Beauty?

Brains?

Power?

Strength?

Empathy?

She's got ALL OF IT.

She might come across as someone who doesn't like showing too much emotion, but underneath that exterior is someone who cares deeply about the people around her.

And I absolutely adored that.

She didn't just inherit the position of being the boss.

She became the best one.

The way she went above and beyond for her people.

The way she genuinely cared about them.

The way she changed things for the better.

The way she took what her grandfather had built and made it something even stronger.

THAT WOMAN.

I also genuinely loved how she healed a part of me I didn't even realize needed healing.

There were moments where her relationship with her body and the way she owned herself made me look at my own insecurities differently.

She reminded me that you don't have to fit someone else's idea of what you should look like to be beautiful, powerful, or desirable.

And that meant so much to me.

Reese isn't just the boss.

She is THE BOSS.

And Emmet constantly reminding her that she was the boss?

YES.

Because he wasn't trying to overpower her.

He wanted her to know her own power.

He wanted her to succeed.

He wanted her to know that he believed in her.

And honestly?

She deserved that kind of man.

A man who doesn't feel threatened by a powerful woman.

A man who wants to watch her win.

Emmet proved that men like that exist.

And Reese deserved every bit of it.


🫶 Emmet & Reese

What I loved most was that it wasn't just Emmet who was down bad.

Reese was RIGHT THERE with him.

She just didn't realize how far gone she was at first. 😂

The way she slowly let him into her life.

The way she began relying on him.

The way she stood up for him.

The way she started considering him in every decision.

The way she cared about him just as much as he cared about her.

They were falling in love with each other long before they even realized what was happening.

And watching that unfold?

BEAUTIFUL.

Their vulnerability.

Their chemistry.

Their banter.

Their emotional connection.

Their forbidden energy.

THE SPICE.

Everything worked.

And don't even get me started on the gym scene because I am NEVER looking at a gym the same way again. 🫠


💔 What Stayed With Me

What stayed with me most was how much this book reminded me that love doesn't have to mean losing yourself.

Reese didn't need someone to save her.

She needed someone who would stand beside her.

Someone who would believe in her.

Someone who would remind her of her strength when she temporarily forgot it.

And Emmet did exactly that.

He didn't dim her.

He didn't try to control her.

He simply loved her and wanted to see her succeed.

And Reese gave him that same kind of love in return.

They understood each other in ways neither of them expected.

They challenged each other.

They supported each other.

And most importantly?

They chose each other.


🌙 A Final Thought

Honestly?

I have ZERO COMPLAINTS.

Just straight-up FIVE STAR BEHAVIOUR. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Liz Tomforde absolutely delivered with Reese and Emmet.

The characters?

INCREDIBLE.

The chemistry?

INSANE.

The vulnerability?

BEAUTIFUL.

The banter?

YES.

The forbidden energy?

ABSOLUTELY.

The spice?

I NEED A MOMENT.

And the emotional connection?

Everything.

This book gave me a powerful woman, an older man who is completely obsessed with her, a man who genuinely wants his woman to succeed, incredible chemistry, emotional vulnerability, and enough spice to make me question my life choices.

What more could I possibly ask for?

I absolutely loved Reese.

I absolutely loved Emmet.

And I absolutely loved them together.

Another book straight into my 5-star and reread pile.

Would I recommend it?

ABSOLUTELY.


🎀Tropes

🩷Forced Proximity
🩷Sports romance
🩷Age gap
🩷She is his boss
🩷Found family
🩷Forbidden energy
🩷Workplace romance









                                     Until next chapter... All my love, heart and page🩷

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God of Wrath by Rina Kent - Review - If you love yourself a Russian man this book is for you🖤🧡🏍️

Marry Me Not by Gabriella Sands - Mafia Romance that will have you wanting for more (Netgalley ARC)💙⛓️💍

Bar down baby! by Kath Richards - if you love a book with comedy, hot romance and man who is down bad this is for you🏒🍼💞😘