Across the Vanishing sky by Catherine Cowles - A book that will definitely make you wish you had a hot broody hacker next door πŸ©·πŸ’»πŸ•πŸ˜˜

 








Rating: 5/5⭐


A Soft glimpse

A romantic suspense with mystery, chemistry, found family, a grumpy-but-secretly-soft MMC, a badass FMC, a chaotic Gen-Z kid, and the cutest dog who absolutely deserves her own spotlight?

Yeah... ABSOLUTELY


🌸 My Thoughts...

Let me start off by saying...

CATHERINE COWLES, THE WOMAN YOU ARE!!!

I started reading her books last year, and the first book I ever read from her was Fragile Sanctuary.

That was also my first-ever experience with the romantic suspense trope, and honestly, I had absolutely no idea what to expect going into it.

But picking up that book and reading it?

One of the BEST decisions of my life.

I couldn't even put the book down.

I finished it in TWO DAYS, and I think that alone tells you just how good it was.

The mystery.

The chemistry.

The found family.

Everything was just PHENOMENAL.

And in my opinion?

Nobody does romantic suspense better than Catherine Cowles.

I SAID WHAT I SAID.

After that, I started the Sparrow Falls series and quickly fell in love with it.

But one thing I had always wanted while reading the series was to know Dex's story.

I just KNEW his story was going to have me hooked.

And guess what?

IT DID.

Across the Vanishing Sky was exactly the book I needed, and it had me fully invested from the very first page.

This story revolves around Dexter and Braedyn, and while this was definitely an emotional story, their first meeting had me laughing because...

YETI.

THIS CUTIE PATOOTIE.

She absolutely deserves her own spotlight because Yeti was the ORIGINAL DIVA OF THIS BOOK.

But also?

A SUPERHERO.

I genuinely loved Yeti with my whole heart, and honestly, she had me wishing I had a dog of my own.

And then we have Owen, Brae's son.

THE COOLEST KID.

Tell me why this sweetest little boy had me laughing from the beginning all the way to the end.

Especially with his Gen-Z language.

Because HELLO!?

HOW AM I NOT AWARE OF HALF THE SLANG THIS KID KNOWS!?

Gotta say...

Thanks a lot, bruh. 😭

I was feeling OLD.


πŸ’ž What Made Me Swoon

Let's talk about DEXTER.

I have always loved his character from the Sparrow Falls series, even if we only got little glimpses of him.

But this book?

It made me fall for him EVEN MORE.

He might be grumpy on the outside, but on the inside?

This man is a GIANT SOFTIE.

The way he would do absolutely anything for Brae, even if it meant putting himself at risk.

The way he was there for her every single step of the way.

The way he proved to her that she could lean on him.

The way he stepped in for her without even being asked.

The way he cared so deeply about Owen and treated him like his own.

The way he cared about Yeti even though he pretended he didn't.

Because let's be real...

Our girl Yeti almost bit his family jewels off. πŸ˜‚

And yet somehow, he still cared about her.

SIR.

You are not fooling anyone.

Dexter proved his love for Brae over and over again through his ACTIONS, and honestly, that made me fall for him even more.

At this point, my book boyfriend list has reached the size of a TOILET PAPER ROLL and I'm not even sorry about it.

I will simply be adding Dexter to the list.

Thank you very much.

Also...

Can we talk about the GLASSES!?

Because why was this man giving Clark Kent if he was hacker vibes!?

AND WHY WAS IT SO HOT!?

I WAS HERE FOR IT.


🌹 Braedyn, My Girl

Brae...

I absolutely loved her character.

This woman is a BADASS THROUGH AND THROUGH.

But more than that, her character showed something that really touched me.

Sometimes the people who become our family don't have to share our blood.

And Brae's friendship with Nova was the perfect example of that.

The absolute LENGTHS this woman went to for her best friend had me genuinely tearing up.

There was no line she wouldn't cross.

No battle she wouldn't fight.

No length she wouldn't go to for Nova.

She fought tooth and nail for her.

And honestly?

That friendship was so much more than friendship.

That was SISTERHOOD.

Brae had already lost so much in her life, and watching her carry all of that while still being such a strong person was incredibly emotional.

But somewhere along the way, it felt like destiny finally decided that it was her turn to have someone who would cherish her.

Someone who would love her.

Someone who would never give up on her.

And that someone was Dexter.

I loved watching her slowly realize that she didn't have to carry everything alone anymore.

She had people who would fight for her.

People who would show up for her.

People who would stay.

And I think that was one of the most beautiful parts of her story.


πŸ’” What Stayed With Me

This book wasn't just about the romance for me.

It was about FRIENDSHIP.

It was about FOUND FAMILY.

It was about finding people who become your home even when you weren't born into the same family.

Sometimes family doesn't have to be connected by blood.

Sometimes it's the people who choose you.

The people who stay.

The people who show up when you need them the most.

And Catherine Cowles has always managed to capture that feeling in her books, which is one of the many reasons I love her writing so much.

The relationship between Brae and Nova especially stayed with me because their friendship felt so deeply rooted in love, loyalty, and sacrifice.

And then there's Dexter.

Watching this grumpy man slowly become the softest person for the people he loves?

I ATE IT UP.

I also absolutely loved the plot twist towards the end.

Because of course Catherine Cowles had to keep us guessing.

And that ending?

I WAS HERE FOR IT.


πŸŒ™ A Final Thought

Across the Vanishing Sky was everything I wanted and more.

The mystery.

The suspense.

The romance.

The chemistry.

The friendships.

The found family.

The characters.

The PLOT TWIST.

Everything just worked so beautifully together.

I loved getting to finally see Dexter's story and getting to know him beyond the little glimpses we had seen before.

Brae was everything I wanted in an FMC, Dexter completely stole my heart, Owen had me questioning my Gen-Z knowledge, and Yeti...

Well.

Yeti deserves her own book.

I'm just saying.

This book reminded me once again why Catherine Cowles is one of my favourite romantic suspense authors.

She knows how to create stories that make you fall in love with the characters while simultaneously keeping you hooked on the mystery and suspense.

And for me?

This is a 5 STAR READ.

I absolutely loved it and would 100% recommend it.


πŸŽ€Tropes

🩷Grumpy x Sunshine

🩷Single Mom

🩷Found family

🩷Morally grey hacker

🩷Who hurt you?



                          Until next chapter... All my love, heart and page🩷



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God of Wrath by Rina Kent - Review - If you love yourself a Russian man this book is for youπŸ–€πŸ§‘πŸ️

Marry Me Not by Gabriella Sands - Mafia Romance that will have you wanting for more (Netgalley ARC)πŸ’™⛓️πŸ’

Bar down baby! by Kath Richards - if you love a book with comedy, hot romance and man who is down bad this is for youπŸ’πŸΌπŸ’žπŸ˜˜