Where I should've been by Max Monroe - if you love cute romcom with a beautiful small town and steamy hot farmer this book is for you (Netgalley ARC)๐๐๐ฅต
Rating: 4/5⭐
๐คThank you
First and foremost I would like to thank Author Max Monroe and entangled publishing for giving me access of the ARC copy of the book. I'm truly grateful
✨ A Soft Glimpse
A wholesome small-town romance with a grumpy sheep farmer, found family, healing, emotional moments, and enough spice to keep you fanning yourself every few chapters.
๐ธ My thoughts...
Finally entered the RED BRIDGE!!!
Man... was it unexpected? Absolutely yes!!
Did I regret it?
Absolutely the heck not.
This was such an easy read, ridiculously entertaining, wholesome, emotional, and packed with mouth-watering spice. Honestly, if you ask me, this book was the whole package.
And the small-town setting?
Immediate win.
I'm an absolute sucker for small-town romances and this one hit the spot perfectly.
This story follows Tad and Breezy.
Tad is a sheep farmer living in Red Bridge, carrying around a painful past that refuses to let him go. Breezy, who once owned art galleries, arrives in town to visit her brother after her own life completely falls apart because of her father's actions.
Both of them meet when everything around them is falling apart.
Honestly...
It felt like the universe knew they needed each other before they completely ran themselves into the ground.
And I was SO here for it.
๐ What Made Me Swoon
Their first meeting?
Absolutely hilarious.
But what really got me was the fact that even though Tad had only met her before while drunk, he still recognized her immediately and stepped in to help when she needed someone.
Sir...
You weren't fooling anyone.
These two kept saying,
"This is casual. It's just physical."
Meanwhile...
They were literally thinking about each other every waking second.
PLEASE.
Who were they trying to convince?
Certainly not me.
And Tad...
This man was giving small-town farmer daddy energy from beginning to end.
Apparently I have a new type now.
A sheep farmer.
Who would've thought?
Because HELLO???
This man completely changed my perspective.
Half the book he kept insisting,
"I can't be the man she deserves."
...only to turn around and become exactly that.
The way he cared for her.
The way he loved through actions instead of words.
The way his entire focus stayed on Breezy no matter what was happening around him.
Talk about DOWN BAD.
The way he simply couldn't stay away from her.
And don't even get me started on how protective he became.
I absolutely ATE. THAT. UP.
๐ท Breezy, My Girl
Breezy was such a strong FMC.
Even when she didn't see herself that way, this woman had POWER written all over her.
She spent so much of her life putting everyone else first and forgetting herself in the process.
Coming to Red Bridge slowly changed that.
Watching her rediscover herself, learn to put herself first, and slowly allow herself to be loved was honestly beautiful.
She was resilient, compassionate, and incredibly easy to root for.
And honestly...
After everything both she and Tad went through...
All I wanted to do was climb into the pages and give them the biggest hug imaginable.
My babies deserved so much better.
๐ What Stayed With Me
The small-town atmosphere.
The found family.
The emotional healing.
The chemistry.
The spice.
Everything blended together so well that I ended up flying through this book.
It was cozy, heartfelt, funny, emotional, and exactly the kind of romance I love picking up.
๐ A Final Thought
With that being said, I do wish the tension between Tad and Breezy had lasted just a little longer before they officially got together. I felt like things moved a bit too quickly, and stretching that anticipation would've made the payoff even sweeter.
Also...
I have absolutely NOTHING against the nickname "farmer daddy."
Truth be told...
It's actually kinda hot. ๐คญ
But Breezy saying it over and over again gave me a tiny bit of an ick by the end.
Other than that?
I genuinely loved this book.
The characters, the plot, the found family, the cozy small-town setting, and of course... the spice...
I absolutely devoured every bit of it.
And I would definitely recommend it.
๐Tropes
๐ฉทSmall town romance
๐ฉทOpposites attract
๐ฉทBroken hero
๐ฉทFound family
Until next chapter... All my love, heart and page๐ฉท





Comments
Post a Comment