All's fair by Natalie Marie - A book that absolutely made me regret living in reality (also where can i get a man like KANE!!) Author ARC Review💞🎀🥵
Rating: 4.5/5⭐
🤍Thank you
First and foremost i would like to thank the Author Natalie Marie for giving me the ARC copy of the book in return for an honest review. Im truly grateful
✨ Soft Glimpse
A second-chance romance between two high school sweethearts that is equal parts heartbreaking, healing, and unforgettable. A story about first love, finding your way back, and realizing that sometimes the right person was always the same person.
🌸 My thoughts...
I can say it with my whole heart that this book got me through my examination days...
And I mean it.
I was getting absolutely wrecked the whole time, but reading this book not only made me feel better—it healed something in me.
This book...
I genuinely have no words.
It was everything I ever wanted and, honestly, I'm already missing the characters.
"Good" is an understatement.
Even the word better isn't enough to describe what this book made me feel.
The moment I opened it, every single checkbox I had in my head was instantly ticked off.
And the fact that this was the author's debut!?
Like...
HELLO?? WHAT!?
If this is what her first book is like, then she sure as hell got me hooked because now I'm simply obsessed.
I literally cannot wait for her next release because I already know I'm going to devour the hell out of it and leave absolutely no crumbs.
💞 What Made Me Swoon
This story follows Kane and Avery, two high school sweethearts who seemed destined to spend forever together... until life and miscommunication got in the way.
They're the kind of couple you'd look at in school and immediately think,
"Yeah... they're endgame."
But the miscommunication...
OH MY GOD.
It had me wanting to crawl inside the book, lock these two in a room, and force them to talk things out.
(But let's be real...
I know they ain't just talking in there though. 😏)
Watching them find their way back to each other was emotional, beautiful, and honestly everything I wanted from a second-chance romance.
❤️ Kane... The Man You Are
I'm sorry Avery...
But I'm gonna have to fight you for this one.
Because this man looked at my standards and said,
"That's how high they are? Hold my drink."
And proceeded to raise them even higher.
Now every fictional man has to compete with Kane, and honestly?
Good luck.
Because...
KANE IS THE MAN.
I REPEAT...
HE. IS. THE. MAN.
This man would literally bark if Avery asked him to.
Down bad?
Please.
Kane created his own definition of down bad.
The way this man simply needed her more than oxygen...
The way, for him, it had always been her...
The way he loved her so wholeheartedly without ever making it feel forced...
UGH.
My heart.
And don't even get me started on the fact that I absolutely melt for a man who can cook and sing.
So Kane basically walked into the story and said,
"Here I am, baby girl."
One of his biggest love languages is cooking.
He can sing.
He's patient.
He's caring.
He's gentle.
Tell me...
HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE THIS MAN!?
And the spice...
The mouth on this man...
YES.
YES.
AND ABSOLUTELY YES.
Hot and bothered?
More like melting into the floor and completely feral.
🌹 Avery, My Girl
Avery completely stole my heart.
She might not have received the love she deserved before, but she eventually found people who chose her every single day.
Not only did she find the man who loved her with his whole heart...
She also found a family who accepted her, protected her, and loved her like she had always belonged.
And honestly?
That was just as healing to read.
She deserved every single bit of happiness that came her way.
💔 What Stayed With Me
More than the romance...
It was the emotional connection.
I saw parts of myself in Kane.
His struggles mirrored my own in ways I wasn't expecting, and for the first time in a while, I didn't feel so alone.
That hit me harder than I thought it would.
Both of their struggles felt real.
Their pain felt real.
Their healing felt real.
And that's exactly what made this story so unforgettable.
🌙 A Final Thought
If I had one small complaint, it would be that I wished we'd gotten a few more flashbacks of Kane and Avery before the breakup.
Seeing more snippets of who they were before everything fell apart would've made the emotional payoff hit even harder.
But honestly...
That's such a tiny complaint compared to everything this book gave me.
This story made me laugh.
It made me swoon.
It made me cry.
And somehow, in the middle of one of the most stressful weeks of my life, it also healed something inside me.
This book absolutely ATE...
...and left no damn crumbs.
🩷Second chance
🩷grumpy x grumpy
🩷mental health rep
🩷found family
🩷all the yearning
Comments
Post a Comment